Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oblivians Reunion

This is old news now. But I finally got around to actually downloading some videos from my new tiny video camera. So here ya go.

The Oblivians (and Gories) played two sold-out nights at the Hi Tone in Memphis. It was armpit-to-armpit in the bar – and exceptionally musky armpits, at that. So KC and I made it through about two Gories songs before retreating to the courtyard. Never been a huge Gories fan, but "Nitroglycerin" is a pretty snappy number. Lucky for me, that was one of the first couple of songs in the set.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting from the Oblivians. After keeping their records in constant rotation for years, I hadn't really listened to them much lately. But, man, once they cranked up, my beer-clinched fist shot straight into the air – along with everyone else's (most of which also held new tiny video cameras). Oh, yeah. That's why I love the Oblivians. And they played my favorite song:

Oblivians "You Fukt Me Up, You Put Me Down" from Wes Williams on Vimeo.



Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment