Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Harlem comes to Cotton

harlem, jxn

Let's start off with a salute to Erin & Charlie at Hal & Mal's. They've been really accommodating with the rock n' roll. Give them a slap on the back (or the backside) the next time you're there. And tip well. Robin, Laura, and Shannon always laugh at your jokes. That's some tough work.

And one more salute to Ronbot Rodenmeyer, who dusted off the Farfisa to help Buddies murder other peoples' songs for a change. Good times. And my apologies for any chocolate still stuck to the floor.




Now on to Harlem (from TX). Most of their self-released LP played on repeat in my head throughout the year. Jingle, jangle, woowoo. Instant hootenanny. And that's exactly what happened when they hit the stage armed with the biggest kick drum I've ever seen. I think I sang along to songs I've never even heard before. I definitely drank along. New record soon from Matador, so you can play along at home.

Harlem "Please" from Wes Williams on Vimeo.



Harlem "Caroline" from Wes Williams on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment